Detailed Information of Ketogenic (Keto) Diet For All
The Ketogenic Diet and Its Effectiveness for Human Body of All Age [Updated Information]
What is Ketogenic Diet ?
The Ketogenic in short is Keto that derived from the word of ketone. It’s a type of fuel that the liver produces from stored fat due to less in take of carbohydrates (20 to 50 grams). The different research exhibited, it is a low-carb, high-fat and high-protein diet. Moreover, it is an effective for weight loss, diabetes, certain cancers, epilepsy and Alzheimer’s disease.
How Many Kind of Keto Diet With Detail Information ?
Here is a list of different kind of Keto Diet with detailed information:
- SKD: This is a very low-carb, moderate-protein and high-fat diet. It typically contains 75% fat, 20% protein and only 5% carbs (Ref-Link).
- CKD: This diet involves periods of higher-carb refeeds, such as 5 ketogenic days followed by 2 high-carb days.
- TKD: This diet allows you to add carbs around workouts.
- HPKD: This is similar to a standard ketogenic diet, but includes more protein. The ratio is often 60% fat, 35% protein and 5% carbs.
Note: There are several versions of the keto diet. The standard (SKD) version is the most researched and most recommended.
Whom May Use the Keto Diet ?
The people whom suffering the following diseases may use Keto Diet:
Epilepsy: Keto diets have been shown to reduce seizure frequency and severity in many children and adults with epilepsy who don’t respond well to drug therapy.
- Metabolic Syndrome: Keto diet may reduce abdominal obesity, triglycerides, blood pressure and blood sugar in people with metabolic syndrome.
- Glycogen Storage Disease: People with certain types of glycogen storage disease may experience a dramatic improvement in symptoms while following a keto diet.
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: Women with PCOS following a ketogenic diet may experience weight loss, reduction in insulin levels and improvement in reproductive hormone function.
- Diabetes: Keto diets have been shown to reduce blood sugar in people with diabetes. In some cases, values return to a normal range, and medications can be discontinued or reduced.
- Some Cancers: Animal and human research suggests ketogenic diets may benefit people with certain cancers, when combined with other therapies.
- Autism: Early research suggests some people with autism spectrum disorders may experience improvements in behavior when ketogenic diets are used in combination with other therapies.
- Parkinson’s Disease: The keto diet has shown promise in improving symptoms of Parkinson’s disease in both animal and human studies. However, high-quality research is needed.
- Obesity: Studies have found that keto diets are very effective for weight loss in obese people. This is largely due to their powerful appetite-suppressing effects.
- Traumatic Brain Injury: Animal studies show that a keto diet improves outcomes in rats fed a keto diet after traumatic brain injury. However, there are currently no quality human studies on this.
- Fatty Liver Disease: Keto diets may be very effective at reducing liver fat and other health markers in people with nonalcoholic fatty liver disease.
- Alzheimer’s Disease: Several symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease have been shown to improve with keto diets in animal research. Human studies suggest supplementing with MCT oil or ketone esters may be beneficial.
- Migraine Headaches: Some studies suggest that migraine headache frequency and severity may improve in people following a keto diet.
Keto Meal Plan that You can Follow for the Best Result
Here is 7 days meal plan of Keto Diet:
|Bacon, eggs and tomatoes||Chicken salad with olive oil and feta cheese.||Salmon with asparagus cooked in butter.|
|Tuesday||Egg, tomato, basil and goat cheese omelet.||Almond milk, peanut butter, cocoa powder and stevia milkshake.||Meatballs, cheddar cheese and vegetables.|
|Wednesday||A ketogenic milkshake||Shrimp salad with olive oil and avocado.||Pork chops with Parmesan cheese, broccoli and salad.|
|Thursday||Omelet with avocado, salsa, peppers, onion and spices.||A handful of nuts and celery sticks with guacamole and salsa.||Chicken stuffed with pesto and cream cheese, along with vegetables.|
|Friday||Sugar-free yogurt with peanut butter, cocoa powder and stevia.||Beef stir-fry cooked in coconut oil with vegetables.||Bun-less burger with bacon, egg and cheese.|
|Saturday||Ham and cheese omelet with vegetables.||Ham and cheese slices with nuts.||White fish, egg and spinach cooked in coconut oil.|
|Sunday||Fried eggs with bacon and mushrooms.||Burger with salsa, cheese and guacamole.||Steak and eggs with a side salad.|
A keto diet can be great for people who are overweight, diabetic or looking to improve their metabolic health. A balanced, unprocessed diet, rich in very colorful fruits and vegetables, lean meats, fish, whole grains, nuts, seeds, olive oil, and lots of water seems to have the best evidence for a long, healthier, vibrant life.